"I always share a batch of these cookies with new neighbors," says Susan Bice at Edwards Air Force Base in California. "They're easy to make but taste like I really fussed."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1 package (12 ounces) white baking chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; beat in egg. Combine flour, orange zest, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 255 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Welcome-to-the-Neighborhood Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 1999