I like to make this warm and cheesy sandwich for a simple dinner, served with fresh fruit on the side. —Jan Briggs, Greenfield, Wisconsin
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) unsliced French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 6 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread cut sides with half of the butter. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook onions in remaining butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add the spinach, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce; cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until spinach is tender.
- Spread over bottom half of loaf; sprinkle with cheeses. Replace bread top. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Open foil; bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Po' Boy in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p76
Reviews for Spinach Po' Boy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review