- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 10 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, corn, 1 cup mozzarella and egg substitute. Spoon about 1/2 cup on each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place, seam side down, in 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce and basil; spoon over tortillas. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Enchiladas
"This recipe makes too much for my family of 4 to eat in one meal, so I divide it between 2 smaller pans and freeze one for later. I've found this works best if you use the regular ricotta cheese (not the reduced fat) - otherwise, it is good enough to eat twice!"
"I made this recipe when it was first published in quick Cooking several years ago and it is AWESOME!! I have made it many times since then and my family loves it (even though we don't normally go for vegetarian entrees). I also usually add like 50% more spinach that it calls for."
"Made this last night, hubby and I both loved it. It feels more like Italian than Mexican...but it's very good."