"This tasty meatless dish is great because it's easy to prepare and low in fat," explains Carol Jackson of Eden Prairie, Minnesota. "Plus, it travels well to potlucks and often prompts recipe requests," she adds.
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 10 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, corn, 1 cup mozzarella and egg substitute. Spoon about 1/2 cup on each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place, seam side down, in 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce and basil; spoon over tortillas. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Cheese Enchiladas in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p47
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review