- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces each) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Pie Casserole(19)
Sort By :
I'm giving this 5 stars because both of my kids ate it without complaining! It was really delicious and we all really liked it!
made this for the first time, and it is fabulous and filling. Wonderful comfort food for winter weather. Definitley making this again. I could not find Monterey Jack so I substituted Havarti cheese.
My family loved this take on spaghetti dinner! All the usual players, but the cream cheese/sour cream mixture really adds a delicious richness to this dish! I used 24 oz. spaghetti sauce rather than 14 oz. and it turned out perfect. Very easy, definitely a keeper!
My husband and I could eat this once a week. I use a full 24 oz. jar of chunky marinara sauce and also use 4 oz. of cream cheese (half a block) instead of the 3 oz. called for in the recipe. I top with sharp cheddar cheese, and it's a hit!
This was delicious. I changed it up a bit by adding lots of Italian seasoning plus I used half ground beef and half pork sausage. Very yummy and the perfect comfort food on a rainy night.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >