- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Pie Casserole
"I was skeptical after reading the directions but this was amazing. So simple but flavors really blended and came together for a wonderful surprise. Leftovers went very quick."
"Yum! Loved this recipe! Very easy to make and especially tasty to eat. I also used a whole jar (24 oz) of spaghetti sauce and it seemed just right, so don't know what it would have been like with the smaller amount."
"Great recipe! Substituted 1/2 lb groud turkey and 1/2 lb hot italian sausage. Used linguine instead of spaghetti noodles. Also added parmesan cheese and italian parsley. Delicious!! Turned out great. Definitely will make again as soon as possiible."
"My family likes my version better. This one has too much cheese. I know...you can never have enough cheese, right? But this one does to us. Omit the cream cheese and green onions. Use shredded mozzarella vs monterey jack & cheddar. Make sauce and cook noodles as written. Whisk an egg with garlic salt and dried parsley flakes. Add cooked, drained noodles, that have been cooled slightly so egg doesn't set up, to egg mixture. Grease a casserole dish. Spread noodle mix in casserole dish. Spread sour cream over noodles. Add spaghetti sauce on top of sour cream. Add shredded mozzarella on top of sauce. Bake as directed in this recipe. Let stand 10 minutes to set. Enjoy!"
"This is a great recipe! Highly recommend it! The only thing I did was add some Italian seasonings to the jar of sauce to pep it up. Will be making this again."
"Very good alternative to just regular spaghetti. I used a whole 24 oz jar of sauce, and glad I did because I think it had just the right amount. I didn't have any green onions, so I just added some dried minced onion instead. Lastly, I decided to add the cheese at the end when I uncovered it. Figured it would have just stuck to the foil anyway."
"I made this exactly as directed and everybody loved it. I'm dieting, and using the nutrition facts, this was doable at 10 points with a generous portion. It's a keeper."
"Was a little rich for me and my husband because of the cream cheese and cheese topping. Very filling though. My picky teenage girls devoured it, so it's an A in my book for a family meal."
"This was good. The whole family enjoyed it. My picky eater kids ate it up. It took a little more time than I wanted on a weeknight but it was worth it."