- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces each) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Pie Casserole(17)
Sort By :
My family loved this take on spaghetti dinner! All the usual players, but the cream cheese/sour cream mixture really adds a delicious richness to this dish! I used 24 oz. spaghetti sauce rather than 14 oz. and it turned out perfect. Very easy, definitely a keeper!
My husband and I could eat this once a week. I use a full 24 oz. jar of chunky marinara sauce and also use 4 oz. of cream cheese (half a block) instead of the 3 oz. called for in the recipe. I top with sharp cheddar cheese, and it's a hit!
This was delicious. I changed it up a bit by adding lots of Italian seasoning plus I used half ground beef and half pork sausage. Very yummy and the perfect comfort food on a rainy night.
Maybe make again. Substituted hot turkey Italian sausage. Cheese content makes me unable to partake, so hubby said it tasted okay. He did say it looked like slop, but it's not the first time my cooking rated that critique. Aren't you glad you're not me?
My family loves the Spaghetti Pie Casserole and ask for it often. Easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >