- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces each) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Pie Casserole
Sort By :
"Do you think this would freeze okay?"
"This was very tasty. I added a can of chopped tomatoes to the mix and a little fresh basil and some mozzarella cheese. We really enjoyed it."
"This recipe is kid friendly. It also would make a great Pot Luck and its perfect for left over spaghetti. I did tweak it and used some items that I had on hand. I only made 1/2 a recipe. It worked just fine. I did not use all of the extra cheese on top. I seasoned the cooked spaghetti with some parm cheese and I used sausage. I gave it a 4 star rating simply because I did tweak it quite a bit. I too added some additional spices. Its not only easy its very tasty. Little mess and it goes a long way.Janie"
"great taste added a few more seasonings to kick it up a notch."
"I'm giving this 5 stars because both of my kids ate it without complaining! It was really delicious and we all really liked it!"