Southwestern Salad Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups corn chips
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the beans, green onions, tomato, avocado and half of the Catalina dressing. Top with cheese and then lettuce. Refrigerate. Just before serving, add corn chips to salad and toss. Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Salad(2)
Sort By :
I made it just as it was written and we really liked it and it was so quick and easy and a good meatless meal with a good amount of fiber!
I served this for a family soup and salad get together. Fritos that were on top did soften a bit, but adding additional Fritos when served as a leftover just adds an additional layer of crunch! Not boring and not too spicy for the kids.