Southwestern Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Southwestern Bean Soup
Sort By :
I make this often and it's always well received. We love it!
I have made this recipe numerous times because it is so delicious and uses items readily available in the pantry. It makes a large batch that lasts several days and it is hearty enough for a meal. Love it!!
This is a very quick, almost no effort meal. We serve it with tortilla chips.