- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325°. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and pumpkin pie spice. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spread half of batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the streusel. Combine pumpkin, egg, sugar and pumpkin pie spice; drop by tablespoonfuls over streusel and spread evenly. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream-Pumpkin Coffee Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p31
Reviews for Sour Cream-Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 20, 2015
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2013
"This was awesome. I made it for a Pumpkin Day at work and several people have asked me for the recipe."