Sour Cherry Sorbet Recipe
- 3 cups frozen pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine or grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place cherries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Add remaining ingredients; cover and pulse until blended. Transfer puree to a freezer container. Freeze 1 hour or until edges begin to firm; stir. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a blender food processor; cover and process 2-3 minutes or until smooth Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sour Cherry Sorbet
Sort By :
This is amazing. I'm making it for another dinner, 3rd one in 2 weeks! Everybody loves it. I served it in Belgian chocolate cups with a little whipped cream. Not so low fat that way, but yummy! My sour cherries are really dark like Bings so the sorbet is the colour of a really dark red wine. Beautiful.
This is fabulous ... tastes just like cherry lifesavers! My family of nine loved it!