So-Easy Coq Au Vin Recipe
Here’s my adaptation of the beloved French dish. I substituted boneless skinless chicken breasts for a lighter version that still showcases the traditional and memorable taste. —Sonya Labbe, Los Angeles, California
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in bacon drippings just until tender. Spoon over chicken. Add bay leaf. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, wine, broth, thyme and pepper until smooth; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as So-Easy Coq Au Vin in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for So-Easy Coq Au Vin(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >