- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in bacon drippings just until tender. Spoon over chicken. Add bay leaf. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, wine, broth, thyme and pepper until smooth; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as So-Easy Coq Au Vin in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for So-Easy Coq Au Vin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review