Coq Au Vin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add carrots; cook 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, wine, bouillon, garlic, parsley, thyme and pepper. Cut each chicken breast half into three pieces. Add the chicken, potato mixture, mushrooms, bacon and onions to soup mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 213 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 23, 2012
Didn't know what to expect but very yummy. I had to cook my potatoes/carrots an extra minute for the carrots to be tender. I was out of parsley flakes but added an extra 1/8 t. of thyme. I also forgot to buy the mushrooms so I added two small cans of whole button mushrooms. I prefer fresh but these weren't bad. I did add some salt to my chicken on my plate but that's a personal choice.