Your family is bound to dig in to this brimming bowl! The sensational soup packs lots of pleasing ingredients, and is extra fun to eat when you pipe on a sour cream snowflake. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- In a blender, process tomatoes, one can at a time, until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan. Stir in the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the oregano and sugar. Add a small amount of hot tomato mixture to whipping cream; return all to the saucepan. Cook until slightly thickened (do not boil).
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill with sour cream. Pipe a snowflake on each bowl of soup. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Snowflake Tomato Soup in Country Woman January/February 2002, p13
Reviews for Snowflake Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review