- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups walnut halves
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, mix butter, confectioners' sugar and spices. Add nuts; toss to coat. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours or until nuts are crisp, stirring once.
- Transfer nuts to waxed paper to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Candied Nuts
"Just wondering if you could use a diabetic sugar to make these candied nuts"
"This was easily the best and simplest candied nut recipe I've tried. Plus it is SO customizable. I made the original recipe as is with great results. I loved it so much we decided to make a second batch, only this time I added just a touch of orange zest and juice to the spice mixture and it was just as great. This made wonderful Christmas gifts also."
"Wonderful recipe...so easy. I only had almonds and cashews to use, but they "cooked" up just fine. I added a dash of cayenne & black pepper to the spice mix. I think next time I will cut back on the butter as a lot of it just stayed on the waxed paper when I cooled the nuts."