- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups hot water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce, optional
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Place the beef, potatoes, hot water, carrots, soup, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, browning sauce if desired, bouillon granules, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Stir in peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Stew
Sort By :
"I made the recipe almost exactly as given and it was great. It made plenty so I will have leftovers or freeze some up for later. I served it with hot cornbread and butter and it was a perfect winter feast. Due to other reviews commenting on the amount of cornstarch I did use 1/3 cup instead of the 1/4 cup. The sauce was the perfect thickness for a stew. I will definitely keep this recipe on hand and make again."
"I had some trouble with the thickening like one of the other reviewers, but the next day, perfect!! A definite keeper."
"This recipe is a keeper. It was yummy in my tummy. Very delicious and so easy to make."
"This was so easy and so delicious. I put in two cans of beef consume and one cup water instead of three cups water. Also, my husband and kids all liked it too. I added mushrooms, extra carrots and celery. Extra cornstarch was needed as well. I can't wait to eat the leftovers!"