Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Stew Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups hot water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce, optional
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Place the roast, potatoes, hot water, carrots, soup, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, browning sauce if desired, bouillon granules, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Stir in peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Stew(4)
Sort By :
A wonderful recipe. I followed the recipe completely but had trouble thickening it for some reason. Just added a bit of flour in a bit of water and that did it. Great! Will make again for sure!
Yum! One of the better recipes for beef stew that I've tried in a while.
everybody loved this!
Excellent comfort food. Add bread and butter and enjoy.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Stew Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew >