Slow-Cooked Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and pepper.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Turkey Sloppy Joes(15)
Sort By :
While this is easy and healthy, I really love orignal sloppy joes. My kids immediatly knew this was not ground beef. I thought it was good, but will replace with the original.
I also used yellow pepper because that is what I had. Delicious!
Not bad for the 1st time we had ground turkey.
I didn't have any soup, so I used tomato juice instead and it came out watery, but it was still very good, and I did add a can of kidney beans and 1 tablespoon of vinegar for an added punch, with spicy mustard instead of regular mustard, it was delicious, I even used it in a salad.
I have some very picky eaters and they gobbled this up and asked for more.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >