- 10 plum tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Core tomatoes. Cut a small slit in two tomatoes; insert a garlic clove into each slit. Place tomatoes and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Cut stems off jalapenos; remove seeds if a milder salsa is desired. Place jalapenos in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until vegetables are softened (some may brown slightly); cool.
- In a blender, combine the tomato mixture, cilantro and salt if desired; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Salsa
Sort By :
"Although this is a easy way to prepare salsa, the recipe was bland. I will add chopped celery and bell peppers next times with some more salt and some pepper."
"great recipe to have on hand. will make it again."
"I use my large crockpot and fill it with skinned tomatoes from my garden, jalapenos, onions and garlic. It was a huge hit. I make 10 cups at once but it goes fast..."
"I think this will be a valuable recipe to hangs on to,because it is such a convenient way to make cooked salsa! I gave it 4 stars because I think the tomatoes and peppers would fare better in the final product without their skins. The next time I make it i'll experiment with canned tomatoes or by peeling fresh ones. (Would add more prep time of course.)"
"I usually 'rant, thumbs up, etc., but .. I'm sorry. This is a total waste of time."