Slow-Cooked Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups day-old bread cubes (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 5 to 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Simmer for 10 minutes; remove from the heat. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Combine eggs and soup; stir into broth mixture until smooth. Pour over bread and toss well.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the stuffing and chicken; repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the stuffing reads 160°. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Chicken and Stuffing(8)
Sort By :
I used canned chicken and it was an ok substitute. Very easy to prepare.
WE LOVE, LOVE , LOVE THIS!!! It's tastes like Grandma's and smells wonderful while cooking! I have been making this recipe for many years, I first saw it in TOH magazine about 8 years ago??
I've been making this stuffing for years. I usually bake it in the oven for holidays. Comes out great every time!
Made the whole house smell like Thanksgiving! The prep time was more like an hour for me. (rather than the 25 min it says)
I have been making this recipe for years. It has become a family favorite...kids request it for their birthdays. Awesome!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >