Sloppy Joe Veggie Casserole Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 envelope sloppy joe mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the vegetables, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sloppy joe mix, parsley and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-9 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cottage cheese, 3/4 cup Colby-Monterey Jack and the remaining pasta mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining Colby-Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Veggie Casserole(3)
Sort By :
This was real tasty and easy to make!
Good recipe. Very yummy. I used a can of sloppy joe sauce in place of tomato sauce and mix. I also used onion powder instead of an onion and radiatori pasta instead of penne. I also used canned veggies. (trying to use up what I already had) Turned out pretty good!
I really like this recipe. I used ground Elk in place of beef. I like to find new ways to use wild game in my cooking. The re pile is simple and my kids loved it. I will be making again!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >