- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, onion and green pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated flaky biscuits (10 count)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef and vegetables over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten to 5-in. circles. Press onto bottom and up sides of greased muffin cups. Fill with beef mixture.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Cups
"These are tasty plus easy and quick to prepare. I didn't have celery so I left it out. I recommend barbecue sauce on the side for dipping."
"We really liked these. One thing that helped in preparation: I rolled each biscuit out between the halves of a folded piece of waxed paper. (Those dang biscuits really want to return to their original size and shape!). I was out of cheddar cheese, but mozzarella was quite tasty."
"My family loved these!! Very tasty and what a great way to use a little hamburger up!"
"These were very tasty, made without the green pepper..(allergies)."