- 12 frozen bread dough dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 10 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2-inch piece thinly sliced deli ham, optional
- Arrange rolls 1/2 in. apart in an S-shape on a greased baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake rolls 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on pan on a wire rack.
- Using a serrated knife, cut rolls crosswise in half, leaving bottoms intact. Spread bun bottoms with mayonnaise.
- Reserve 1 cheese slice. Layer bottoms with turkey, ham, lettuce, tomato and remaining cheese. Spread mustard over bun tops; replace tops. Using a frilly toothpick, attach an olive to front of centipede for each eye. Cut remaining cheese into decorative shapes; place on back of centipede. If desired, cut a snake tongue from ham; attach to snake. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Silly Snake Sub in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p243
Reviews for Silly Snake Sub
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review