- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi
"Absolutely scrumptious without changing a thing. Highly recommend. Have to have again, soon!"
"(Stars still aren't working right. All are 'black')I'd give it a one star although hubby said he liked it. Won't make it again. Was dry. Prefer my shrimp stir-fried or coconut covered."
"This was amazing! I've never had better, even in a restaurant. My son and I sat there moaning while eating it. Lol I highly recommend with no changes. Fab!"
"Excellent and is quick and easy to make."
"My husband loved it. However it is rich."
"Easy to make and delicious"
"I love the broiling with breadcrumbs for crunch but it did overcook the shrimp a bit. Overall this was awesome."
"This was a quicker version of shrimp scampi than my usual, but was very tasty. I add 1/4 C white wine to the sauce for additional flavor that we enjoy. The crumb topping added a pleasant crunch. As another reviewed has said, take care NOT to overcook the shrimp. I have also doubled the recipe for company and added 1lb bay scallops for a "seafood scampi" that is quite good. We enjoy the texture of angel hair pasta with our scampi."
"Delicious! Easy to prepare, flavorful, and loved by everyone. Just as a side note, if you are serving this with pasta, there is not a lot of liquid, so you may want to add some for your pasta. I used a splash of olive oil, but some white wine or broth might taste good, too."
"So quick, simple & good. Restaurant quality taste. I used farfalle (bow tie) pasta & it was perfect, all the nooks & crannies collected the crumbs & garlic. Once the garlic is minced & the shrimp is cleaned, this dish comes together in 5 minutes. I made this recipe as is, but you could add a veggie or two, it would be fabulous."