- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi
Sort By :
"Best shrimp scampi recipe I've found. I added an extra clove of garlic because we love garlic. To create more sauce, I added some homemade creamy tomato soup that I had on hand. Skipped the parsley. It was heavenly."
"Best we' ve ever had!!! Absolutely delicious!!!!!"
"I tried many shrimp scampi recipes. This one is the tastiest of all! I double the recipe just because I have all males in the house. Followed it to a "T" and it was great! Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe ??"
"Excellent! Because of personal preference, we'll cut back on the amount of garlic next time. The only other chance we made was to add a splash of white wine. Thanks so much for the recipe - we'll use it often."
"If I could give this recipe 25 stars, I would. This is by far the most amazing shrimp scampi recipe I have EVER made. And I've made many over the years. I really feel this is THE ONE I've been looking for.Having just read the review from "happy18777" I could have just put my review as "ditto!!!!!!!!!!P.S. I will now stop looking for the perfect shrimp scampi recipe"