Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi
Sort By :
Mom and hubby really liked it!
I made this just as the recipe called, except used a generous teaspoon of chopped fresh oregano because I have an abundance of it in my garden. I also used the thinner fetticini noodles because my husband hates angel hair pasta. The recipe was fabulous and will definitely be making this the next time all my children are home.
I have been making this one for years and it is one of my favorites. Nice, light version. Just the right amount of butter/oil. Now if I can only get the price of shrimp down...
This was a family pleaser. Howerver , I did add more butter and olive oil to make a sauce for the angel hair pasta. This was great with a salad and some french bread!
My entire family loved this recipe and will definitely fix it again! Next time I am going to try putting the pasta in the bottom of the pan before broiling because it got cold before I finished the shrimp. Was making double the recipe and did it in two batches.