- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi
Sort By :
"This is one of my all time favorites. Ive made this with both shrimp and with chicken (when I have no shrimp in the house). I fallow directions the same for both. Yes the shrimp is better then the chicken, but its a nice change of pace for chicken. It needs a tad more sauce for both chicken ad shrimp for us. But thats easily taken care of."
"This was simple and delicious! I loved the hint of lemon. I used gluten free bread crumbs. I served this over parmesan risotto. I will definitely be making this again!"
"Just by reading the ingredients in a recipe, I can decipher it's caliber.This one is a winner. ; )Thank you."
"Excellent and so easy and quick. Perfect and will share and make again. Thank you"
"Delicious and quick. Watch for bags of frozen, peeled, deveined shrimp to go on sale (if you're landlocked like me). Agree with use of some red pepper flakes for heat, but add into the oil to flavor it. Can use white wine in place of lemon juice (or combination of the two). Add a little bit of the pasta water to make more sauce, without adding extra fat."