Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi
Sort By :
"Excellent! Easy and very flavorful. I cut back on lemon juice as I am not a fan. I used garlic flavored seasoned bread crumbs as I love garlic. I paired with brown rice made with chicken broth but I can see if you were using pasta you would need to double the sauce. Will definitely make again!"
"Really Good and I did double the sauce as suggested. Was perfect for me."
"I think I will double the butter and olive oil next time. This was very tasty but I like a little more sauce for my pasta!!!"
"Amazing! It was so easy to make and wowed everyone! Will definitely make again!"
"This is an excellent shrimp scampi. I would suggest go less on the lemon juice."