Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi
Sort By :
"I made this just as the recipe said, and my husband and I loved it! He loves angel hair pasta and even suggested I make this dish more often!"
"I just had to have a little more substantial pasta and used linguine. I could eat this stuff every day!!!"
"This is the best version of Shrimp Scampi I have ever had. This recipe is a keeper. Thank you Lori Packer for sharing this recipe. The only thing I did differently is add a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes before adding the cheese, bread crumbs and parsley."
"Mom and hubby really liked it!"
"I made this just as the recipe called, except used a generous teaspoon of chopped fresh oregano because I have an abundance of it in my garden. I also used the thinner fetticini noodles because my husband hates angel hair pasta. The recipe was fabulous and will definitely be making this the next time all my children are home."