Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi
Sort By :
"Amazing! It was so easy to make and wowed everyone! Will definitely make again!"
"This is an excellent shrimp scampi. I would suggest go less on the lemon juice."
"I made this just as the recipe said, and my husband and I loved it! He loves angel hair pasta and even suggested I make this dish more often!"
"I just had to have a little more substantial pasta and used linguine. I could eat this stuff every day!!!"
"This is the best version of Shrimp Scampi I have ever had. This recipe is a keeper. Thank you Lori Packer for sharing this recipe. The only thing I did differently is add a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes before adding the cheese, bread crumbs and parsley."