- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add scallops; sear for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove from the skillet; keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean if necessary. Saute garlic in remaining butter until tender; stir in sherry. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated; stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve with scallops. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seared Scallops with Citrus Herb Sauce
"I have never cooked scallops until today. They turned out delicious, but were a bit hard. I wonder if I cooked them too long. The taste was delicious though."
"Delicious and so easy to make."
"I made this last night for my boyfriend and I along with the Shiitake & Butternut Risotto. I'm not a big fan of sea food and I thought it was delicious. Next time I will probably tone down the lemon because I'm not a big fan. Otherwise Perfect."