- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute zucchini with garlic salt until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned.
- Drain potatoes; stir into zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and, if desired, cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Potato Supper
"It was good - nothing stellar but still a good comfort dish for really anytime of year."
"Reminded me of a recipe my mother made years ago (60 or more) and she called it a depression food. Her recipe was with potatoes and hotdogs, but the idea is the same. Seems what goes around comes around with current staples. Thanks for a good meal full of good memories!"
"I was 7 or 8 and it was my turn to come up with dinner. I thought of this, along with onions and bell peppers plus other things. I am now almost 59."
"I make a version of this recipe, using hot Italian sausage instead of smoked sausage, which revs up the flavor considerably. I also add some red peppers for more color as well as flavor. This basic recipe is a good base for just about any seasoning you wish to add to suit your particular tastes."
"It was simple and easy.. We used chicken sausage.. It is a bit bland... I will add more spices next time I make it."
"Even with the cheese, this recipe is bland as hell. You have absolutely no seasoning. And no, salt and pepper don't count. Its not bad, its just boring. I did this recipe with saut?ed sweet onions and garlic and some fresh chopped basil, a little Italian seasoning and I replaced the butter with garlic olive oil. Not difficult at all. And for an extra kick of flavor, you could boil your potatoes in chicken broth."
"My husband said this might just be his new favorite! He is an excellent cook and I love to impress him :) This was easy to make. It uses ingredients that are often on-hand in my kitchen and it is easy to customize."
"Very tasty and quick! This is a new go-to recipe."
"Really good and easy to make."
"Surprisingly tasty - big hit with the whole family. I doubled, added a chopped onion, 2 cloves of minced garlic and omitted the garlic salt."