- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute zucchini with garlic salt until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned.
- Drain potatoes; stir into zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and, if desired, cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Potato Supper
"Even with the cheese, this recipe is bland as hell. You have absolutely no seasoning. And no, salt and pepper don't count. Its not bad, its just boring. I did this recipe with saut?ed sweet onions and garlic and some fresh chopped basil, a little Italian seasoning and I replaced the butter with garlic olive oil. Not difficult at all. And for an extra kick of flavor, you could boil your potatoes in chicken broth."
"My husband said this might just be his new favorite! He is an excellent cook and I love to impress him :) This was easy to make. It uses ingredients that are often on-hand in my kitchen and it is easy to customize."
"Very tasty and quick! This is a new go-to recipe."
"Really good and easy to make."
"Surprisingly tasty - big hit with the whole family. I doubled, added a chopped onion, 2 cloves of minced garlic and omitted the garlic salt."