- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Crumble beef into a large microwave-safe bowl; stir in onion. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring every 1 minute; drain. Stir in the tomato paste, water and taco seasoning. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Set remaining meat mixture aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese sauce and chilies. Cover and microwave on high for 40 seconds; stir. Pour over tortillas.
- Spoon remaining meat mixture down the center of tortillas. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Santa Fe Enchiladas in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p38
Reviews for Santa Fe Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2013
The flavor was just off. We could not put our finger on it.
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
This recipe was super easy, cheap and fast. My old enchilada recipe is going in the garbage...this one is a keeper !!!!
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2011
This is easy and yummy. I think it would be good with beans, too.