A Christmas gift of homemade candy is always a hit with sweet tooths. I dip these peanut rolls in chocolate, but they're yummy plain, too. —Elizabeth Hokanson, Arborg, MB
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 to 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Line two 15x10x1-in. pans with waxed paper. In a large bowl, beat marshmallow creme and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until blended. Knead in enough remaining confectioners' sugar until mixture is smooth and easy to handle.
- Divide mixture into four portions. Roll each portion into 1/2-in.-thick logs. Cut crosswise into 1-1/2-in. pieces; place on one prepared pan. Freeze 15 minutes or until firm. Meanwhile, heat caramels and water over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Working with one-fourth of the logs at a time, dip in melted caramel; roll in peanuts. Place on remaining prepared pan. Repeat with remaining logs; freeze coated logs until set.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over barely simmering water, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip bottom of rolls into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to prepared pans. Refrigerate until set. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Salted Peanut Rolls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p192
Reviews for Salted Peanut Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review