Russian Tea Cakes Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes. Roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Russian Tea Cakes
Sort By :
"I made these cookies for Christmas last year. Immediately they became my family favorite Christmas cookies. This year I made two batches, one with walnuts, the other with pecans and also increased the nuts amount to 1 cup each. Both turned out excellent! It?s a keeper."
"Cookie fell apart. Very disappointing."
"Best Russian Teacakes I've ever made and believe me I have tried a lot of recipes! Just like my mother used to make."
"I love these cookies. They were a hit at my cookie exchange. Thanks."
"Excellent cookie. I added chopped pecans and shaped them into crescents to distiguish them from Mexican Wedding Cakes. A wonderful addition to my Christmas recipe box."