- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes. Roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Russian Tea Cakes
Sort By :
"I'm sorry but these were so dry and no flavor. Maybe adding more than 1tsp of vanilla or using almond abstract instead would boost the flavor? Any ideas?"
"I made these cookies for Christmas last year. Immediately they became my family favorite Christmas cookies. This year I made two batches, one with walnuts, the other with pecans and also increased the nuts amount to 1 cup each. Both turned out excellent! It?s a keeper."
"Cookie fell apart. Very disappointing."
"Best Russian Teacakes I've ever made and believe me I have tried a lot of recipes! Just like my mother used to make."
"I love these cookies. They were a hit at my cookie exchange. Thanks."