- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, cream and maple syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is smooth. Stir in bananas; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Rum Banana Sauce
Sort By :
"I added walnuts & it mad it much better for me. I also quick fried the banana slices before adding to the caramel because my bananas were a little over-ripe. Very easy & fast and was really good on waffles. I didn't have icecream but wished I did."
"GREAT for drop-in company! Who doesn't have vanilla ice cream in the freezer - add this EASY and DELICIOUS sauce - and you have an elegant dessert! Wonderful!"
"Delicious, and very easy to make. Since I had some light rum on hand, I substituted that for the rum extract (5 parts rum to 1 part extract), and it was the perfect nightcap to our day of Easter feasting."
"Rum banana sauce is so good, my family makes it any time they can. We tend to avoid the rum though, as we are not a drinking family. It's absolutely delicious, either way, and we just plain love it. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box."
"It is awesome, had it over pancakes and try'd it over waffles. In the morning i'm hoping to have a couple of my flaky biscuits left and will pour some on them too. So many possibilities, so many things to try it on, and oh so good to eat."