Roasted Vegetable Penne Bake Recipe
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms, onion, oil and Italian seasoning; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, roasted vegetables, tomatoes, provolone cheese, peas, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese; dot with butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Roasted Vegetable Penne Bake(20)
Sort By :
This is delicious - excellent flavor!
I absolutely loved this dish the first time I made it (only a week ago) and I am still eating leftovers. I can't wait to use fresh veggies from the garden next spring! Admittedly, my husband wasn't thrilled but he is closed-minded in the food department and refuses to eat anything in the squash family, tomatoes and mushrooms.
This was one of the best dishes I have ever tried. We are a family that loves pasta and have tried many pasta dishes. I cannot say enough about this one. We did add extra cheese to it. And to my surprise, my son loved it and he hates vegetables. I have passed it on to all of my family members who also love it.
I also added italian sausage... so not so we now call it Garden Penne. so delish
This was delicious! I did not use the butter, but I did add Italian chicken sausage. I could only find shredded provolone that came mixed with shredded mozzarella, so I just used a 1/2 cup of that. My husband loved this too. I will definitely make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >