Roasted Chicken with Rosemary Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole roasting chicken (5 to 6 pounds)
- 6 small red potatoes, halved
- 6 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the seasonings. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; tie drumsticks together with kitchen string. Spoon half of the butter mixture over chicken. Place the potatoes, carrots and onions around chicken. Drizzle remaining butter mixture over vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, basting every 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally.
- Cover with foil and let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Chicken with Rosemary(6)
Sort By :
My husband's new favorite!
My chicken turned out tender & moist! I rubbed some of the butter mixture under the skin on the breast & that really gave the breast portion extra flavor. My veggies were a little overdone, so next time I will put them in after the chicken has baked an hour.
Substituted Thyme for Rosemary. Very good. Kids loved it as well. Preparing to make it for the 2nd time tomorrow.
We tried this recipe last night without the vegetables. Absolutely the best Rosemary Chicken recipe we have ever had. Thi is a "keeper"
This was a wonderful chicken dinner! I modified it a bit and cooked it in the crockpot instead with broth and I used Nature's Seasoning in lieu of the salt and pepper. The seasoning was just right to give a mild flavor to the chicken. The veggies were great! My picky 6 year old ate them up! I will definitely make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >