Roasted Asparagus Lasagna Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus and mushrooms in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are browned; set aside. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and cloves until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; add roasted asparagus and mushrooms.
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer four noodles, a third of the asparagus mixture, a third of the white sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Asparagus Lasagna(7)
Sort By :
So yummy! I did have to kick up the flavor of the white sauce and season the veggies, but it was a family favorite!
I love this recipe it's so versatile, you can change it up as little or much you want! I've made it with shrimp, chicken, bacon, etc. It is also good as is and I have served it for my picky vegetarian family and they love it. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I made this and everyone liked it even my picky daughter who doesn't like regular lasagna. Nice meal to make if you are looking for something different
A wonderful, tasty dish. The ground cloves gave the dish an excellent flavor. I usually use nutmeg in my cream sauce. I did use 3 cups of mushrooms, but that's a personal preference. I think this is an excellent recipe! A "keeper".
My family is a lover of asparagus, especially roasting asparagus, but it makes it nutty tasting. I made this when we got together with friends, and it was a big hit. Nice change from a meaty lasagna.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Pasta >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Roasted Asparagus >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Dinner Recipes >
- Vegetarian Main Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >