Refreshing Orange Ice Recipe
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a saucepan, bring 1 cup water and sugar to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and remaining water. Transfer to a freezer-proof bowl. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer. Beat until blended. Beat in cream. Cover and return to freezer. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Refreshing Orange Ice
Sort By :
"Our family has a Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner tradition that is very similar; we just don't use the half & half. This sounds yummy too!"
"This tasted good but it took a long time to freeze. It took me two days before I could eat it! I had to freeze it then thaw it then freeze it again."
"Wow! This was a hit! I made this for a church youth rally of about 400 people. Everyone was asking for the recipe. When I made it, I did not wait until the mixture was fully frozen before adding the half and half. I just waited until it was cooled enough not to curdle the cream. I served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and poured a touch of 7-up over it. Delicious and refreshing on a hot summer day! Looks like this will be a YouthStock tradition!"
"Couldn't resist. A secret in our kitchens....for a easy vanilla sauce...simply let a rich full bodied ice cream melt! Simply do the same as the picture displayed with this recipe...the only difference - have the bottom covered with the secret vanilla sauce!"
"ehlm, You could add vanilla ice cream into the recipe but it would change the consistency of it. Being a retired chef, might I recommend that you take a mini scoop and make ice cream balls - place on a cookie sheet and freeze a few days in advance of your bunco group for ease. When frozen, simply move to a storage container or large ziploc. Artfully arrange mediums balls of orange ice with the smaller ice cream balls with a slight drizzle of dark chocolate sauce in clear/footed glasses for eye appeal as well!"