This sherbet has been part of my family's Thanksgiving tradition for three generations. We eat it along with the rest of the meal...the tangy, creamy flavor complements the turkey and all the trimmings.—Carol Lydon, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a saucepan, bring 1 cup water and sugar to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and remaining water. Transfer to a freezer-proof bowl. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer. Beat until blended. Beat in cream. Cover and return to freezer. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Refreshing Orange Ice in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p146
Reviews for Refreshing Orange Ice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review