Here's a mouthwatering dessert that's sure to impress family and friends. Not only does it taste wonderful with its chocolate cookie crust, rich creamy cheesecake and tangy raspberry center and topping...it also looks lovely!—Peggy Frazier, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- Combine the first three ingredients; press into bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of a greased 9 in. springform pan. Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- In a blender, cover and process raspberries until pureed. Press through a sieve; discard seeds. Add water if necessary to measure 1 cup.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in raspberry juice; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add egg whites; beat on low just until blended. Stir in cream.
- Pour half into crust. Top with 3/4 cup raspberry sauce (cover and refrigerate remaining sauce). Carefully spoon remaining filling over sauce.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until center is nearly set. Remove from oven; immediately run a knife around pan to loosen crust. Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
- Refrigerate overnight. Add orange juice to chilled raspberry sauce; gently fold in raspberries. Spoon over cheesecake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Ribbon Cheesecake in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p27
Reviews for Raspberry Ribbon Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review