- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter
- 1/2 to 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1-1/4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll out larger portion of dough between two large sheets of waxed paper into a 17-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of pan; trim pastry even with edges.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Add raspberries and lemon juice; toss to coat. Spoon over pastry.
- Roll out remaining pastry; place over filling. Trim and seal edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush top with cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 24 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Pie Squares
Sort By :
This Raspberry Pie Squares Recipe yields 24 servings. It bakes in a standard cookie sheet with 1" sides. It has a filling made using fresh or frozen Raspberry's. The pastry makes it like a full crusted pie. This will act well being used for a major dinner you have to contribute to. Enjoy the taste of the pie. Be certain to take copies of the recipe with you to share with the people who are anxious to get one for their recipe boxes. YUM!!!