- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter
- 1/2 to 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1-1/4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Roll out larger portion of dough between two large sheets of waxed paper into a 17x12-in. rectangle. Transfer to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of pan; trim pastry even with edges.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt. Add raspberries and lemon juice; toss to coat. Spoon over pastry.
- Roll out remaining pastry; place over filling. Trim and seal edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush top with cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 24 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Pie Squares
Sort By :
"Sounds great -- for some unknown reason, can't add to my recipe box!!??"
"No review but a question. Can I use other frozen or fresh fruit like blueberries? Would love to make this but need to substitute the fruit. Can't eat the seeds!"
"How did you use the puff pastry? Did you bake the bottom sheet first? This looks amazing and we love puff pasty."
"Used puff pastry sheets. Delicious"
"Normally I am too lazy to make my own pie crust but this looked simple enough so I decided to try it. It was very easy to make and it turned out perfectly. My son is crazy about raspberries so I will be making this a LOT. It is wonderful!"