- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Assorted decorations: small pitted ripe olives, pretzel sticks and sweet red and/or orange pepper
- Assorted crackers and fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the dressing mix, mustard and garlic; mix well. Shape into two balls, one slightly larger than the other. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. On a serving plate, stack the small cheese ball on top of the larger ball to make a snowman.
- Cut ends from olives to make small circles; attach to snowman for eyes and buttons. Insert pretzel sticks for arms. Cut top hat from pepper; place on top of snowman. Trim pepper to make a nose; insert into face. Serve with crackers and vegetables. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Reviews for Ranch Spread Snowman
Sort By :
"I recall preparing this adorable appetizer back in 2011! I'd used 2 beef snack sticks for the arms and sliced beef snack sticks for the eyes and buttons and the mouth. I used a red pepper for the hat, a muffler, a bowtie and the nose. I recall using Dijon OR spicy brown mustard for this spread. I chilled this spread for at least 5 to 5-3/4 hours to keep the balls firm before assembling the snowman. I'd taken this spread to a holiday program at our chapel and folks present for the refreshment time really enjoyed this spread! I got a 2-2/3 cups yield on this spread! One of my friends whom I'd shared the recipe with, commented on how adorable it was and delicious, too! Thank your for sharing this recipe! delowenstein"
"This receipe is quick and very delicious although i made it for me it was too much for me to eat alone. I took it to work and it sure was a big hit!"
"Loved the softness of it, but wow, that's a lot of butter. Even using reduced fat cream cheese, it felt a little decadent. Still, it was a great holiday party offering."
"very easy and great for a christmas party! I found out you won't be able to shape it into round balls if you don't chill for at least 3 to 4 hours."
"Very good flavor!"