Ranch Mac & Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the saltines. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ranch Mac & Cheese(51)
Sort By :
YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE UT THIS MACK AND CHEESE ON MY COMPUTER. I LVE THE LIFEOUT OF MACK AND CHEESE. GOD LOVE YA. DOYLE SCOTT
I have had this recipe for quite a few years now and am planning to make it for this Friday's dinner. It is different than the usual mac and cheese recipes. We really like the ranch dressing taste of it. Yummy.
I make this on occasion and we really like it. I use garlic and onion powders instead of garlic salt. I never keep flavored salts on hand, 7/8 salt 1/8 ground celery seed, onion or garlic powder. To the sauce I do add 1 cup of shredded sharp Cheddar, we like a lot of cheese and swap out the 2% milk for half and half for extra richness and comfort factor. The lemon pepper goes so well with the ranch dressing mix. I never add saltines since we rarely eat them and don't have them on hand. Sometimes I'll add some shredded chicken and either small fresh broccoli florets or frozen peas to make it a one dish meal. It always makes enough for the 2 of us to have the next night as a left over.
It is the package ranch dressing that adds the bulk of sodium. I made this recipe and substituted 3/4 c. Ranch dressing instead of the packet. This made the sauce even creamier! Also used powder instead of salt as suggested. Left out the lemon pepper. Really good!
Pleasantly surprised by this recipe. Really fast and easy and great flavor. I would highly recommend starting with about half of the called for ranch packet and then add if you want more. I think I only used about half a packet and it was perfect for us...the whole thing would have been really overwhelming and salty I think. Also, I just used regular pepper (instead of garlic pepper) and garlic powder instead of garlic salt (as others recommended).
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >