Ranch Mac & Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the saltines. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ranch Mac & Cheese(47)
Sort By :
Pleasantly surprised by this recipe. Really fast and easy and great flavor. I would highly recommend starting with about half of the called for ranch packet and then add if you want more. I think I only used about half a packet and it was perfect for us...the whole thing would have been really overwhelming and salty I think. Also, I just used regular pepper (instead of garlic pepper) and garlic powder instead of garlic salt (as others recommended).
Made this for a family cookout and everyone loved the "different" flavors. I used the suggestion in other reviews and switched to garlic powder. I used pepper only instead of garlic-pepper, and because I doubled the recipe, used one package of elbow mac and one of small shells.
Made this for the first time, on a recommendation. We really liked it. It was good as leftovers. To lower the sodium I would use powders instead of salts next time and leave out the saltines. I feel they weren't needed and didn't add any flavor. I used a 8 oz. bag of shredded marble jack blend cheese. I added crab meat to it also. Definitely will be making this again.
It was alright. My kids did not like this, my husband said it was pretty good. I did one and half the amount of the sauce and it was a good thing I did.
Really nice flavor. The ranch was a nice twist to a classic dish. The mac and cheese fanatic loved the new dish!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >