- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the butter, cream cheese, milk and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Raisin Pumpkin Bars
"Made these just this week with 1 healthy change an they are delicious! I used 1 cup unsweetened applesauce for the oil. I have had much success with this in other recipes also. I used all raisins no nuts.These are very moist an well spiced. I did not have a 15x10 pan so I used my 9x13 an baked just a few more minutes. Couldn't find the 3oz. cream cheese, so I used a regular size pack. Excellent!"
"These bars turned out very moist. I used 1/2 cup canola oil and 1/2 cup applesauce and fresh cooked pumpkin instead of the can. Delicious !"
"moist and flavourful.my guests ate it all up"
"I lost this recipe and am so glad I found it again!! Theses are the best pumpkin bars I've ever had. I subsitute dried cranberries for the raisins."
"hi i tried this recipe just the other day, everyone that tasted it just loved it and wanted the recipe, after everyone left, i got myself a tall glass of milk and finshed off the rest. there were 6 left. i'm making more today."
"Awesome! Easy to make. I love pumpkin desserts and substituted Cinnamon chips and white chocolate chips for the walnuts & raisins"