- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the butter, cream cheese, milk and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Raisin Pumpkin Bars in Country December/January 2005, p49
Reviews for Raisin Pumpkin Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2012
"These bars turned out very moist. I used 1/2 cup canola oil and 1/2 cup applesauce and fresh cooked pumpkin instead of the can. Delicious !"
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2011
"moist and flavourful.my guests ate it all up"