Pumpkin Milk Shakes
My son loved this festive milkshake growing up—it's nicely spiced and tastes like pumpkin pie. I like cutting off both ends of a licorice twist and serving it as a straw.—Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Black licorice twists, optional
- In batches, place the first seven ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until smooth, 20-30 seconds. Serve immediately with licorice stirrers if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 287 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Milkshake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.