I get a kick out of trying “new to me” foods like quinoa. Stuff green peppers with it, or use red ones. Both look great for the holidays. —Cindy Reams, Philipsburg, PA
Featured In: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. Place in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish, cut side down. Microwave, uncovered, on high 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Turn peppers cut side up.
- Reserve 1/3 cup salsa; add remaining salsa to quinoa. Stir in beans, ricotta cheese and 1/4 cup Jack cheese. Spoon mixture into peppers; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until filling is heated through. Top with reserved salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quinoa & Black Bean-Stuffed Peppers in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews for Quinoa & Black Bean-Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2015
"I have been trying to find meatless entrees for dinner once a week. I really enjoyed this and didn't miss the meat, but my meat-loving husband was not impressed."
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2015