- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams, undrained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in soup and milk. Add the clams, lemon juice, thyme, pepper and bacon; cook until heated through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Quick and Easy Clam Chowder
Sort By :
"I love carrots, so I added more cooked carrots to this recipe. And..I know, I know...it's probably not "authentic New England clam chowder" but I like the smoke from smoked clams. Didn't have any, so added a bit of liquid smoke to the soup. Yum!"
"This is okay if your really in a hurry."
"Very tasty. I added celery (2 stalks) to the sauteed onions. They added a nice flavor and more veggies to the meal."
"It is so quick and so easy, you don't even have to wait for the potatoes to cook, great to cook after a long day at work!"
"Mince clams in the food processor? What a great idea!"