Pumpkin Torte Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, eggs, oil and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar and remaining pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a fourth of the filling. Repeat layers three times. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with pecans. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Torte(53)
Sort By :
I have made this numerous times with great reviews each time. Today I took it to a funeral luncheon-got multiple requests for the recipe. Made it in two 9 x 13 pans, then stacked them, easier to serve at a luncheon. Sometimes I substitute the nuts with toffee pieces to accommodate people with nut allergies.
Love this cake! I found it on Kraft Foods years ago (2004) and have been making it ever since. :)
This was absolutely wonderful! The frosting is not real sweet like regular frosting. The only problem I had was the Marzetti's caramel wouldn't drizzle even warmed! I put it in a zip lock bag and cut the corner off and piped it on the cake crisscross trying to dribble it down the sides. It looked great and I received lots of complements on it. Love this recipe!
This is delicious I loved it and so did my family I cant wait to make it again
This recipe was heavenly. I honestly don't even like pumpkin much, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I was surprised at how good it was. It took only about an hour to make, and it was even better the next day. This might be an annual thing for me now.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Pumpkin Cake Recipes >
- Pumpkin Desserts >