Pumpkin Swirl Bread Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour three 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a small bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, pie spice, soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Stir in walnuts, raisins and dates.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Spoon filling over batter. Cover filling completely with remaining batter.
- Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in bread portion comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap in foil; refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Pumpkin Swirl Bread(16)
Sort By :
We love pumpkin roll, but I hate making it...this tastes a lot like that without all the work...love it! It would be perfect for a Thanksgiving brunch, too!!
TO SHORTNSWEET: TRY BUTTERNUT SQUASH......or any winter squash. I tried this recipe and it is wonderful.
This is a great bread...but I would increase the sugar to 1/2 a cup in the filling.
Can I make these into Mini Loaves?!?
Very, very good!