Pumpkin Swirl Bread Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Additional chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour three 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a small bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, pie spice, soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Stir in walnuts, raisins and dates.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Spoon filling over batter. Cover filling completely with remaining batter.
- Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in bread portion comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap in foil; refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, if desired, in a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bread; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 3 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Pumpkin Swirl Bread
Sort By :
"Lots of ingredients and labor intensive for so little taste in the finished product. Not a keeper for me."
"I thought the pumpkin taste was delish!! Husband liked it a lot :)"
"So many other recipes out there that are much tastier. Lacked pumpkin taste. Cream cheese center was not very sweet or prominent. Reminds me of a bad attempt at improving fruitcake."
"I made this last night and it was great. I halved the recipe because I didn't need 3 loaves of bread and I made one loaf and the rest cupcakes. I did the 23 minutes with the cupcakes and 60 minutes with the bread as another suggested and it was perfect. I also left out the dates, raisins, and nuts inside just to see if it would be like a pumpkin roll. Not quite the same but very good."
"Very good bread, I didn't think the cream cheese mixture was great, not much taste to that part."