- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Additional chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour three 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a small bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, pie spice, soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Stir in walnuts, raisins and dates.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Spoon filling over batter. Cover filling completely with remaining batter.
- Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in bread portion comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap in foil; refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, if desired, in a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bread; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 3 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Pumpkin Swirl Bread
Sort By :
A friend gave me a 4 pound sweet potato and I used some of that to make this bread. Other than that, I made it exactly as given. It is very moist and the cream cheese is abundant and tasty. It was a real hit at the meeting I took it to and also with my family. It would also be a great pumpkin bread without the cream cheese, but why leave out something so tasty!
So moist and delicious. I made mine in a bundt pan and it turned out beautiful.
Taste Great my favorite pumpkin bread recipe..I bake it at my Bed and Breakfast Fantastic.
We love pumpkin roll, but I hate making it...this tastes a lot like that without all the work...love it! It would be perfect for a Thanksgiving brunch, too!!
TO SHORTNSWEET: TRY BUTTERNUT SQUASH......or any winter squash. I tried this recipe and it is wonderful.