- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, cloves and allspice; add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Bread
Sort By :
"I love this, VERY moist, and I love that 1 recipe makes 2 large loaves. Next time I'll add even a little more cinnamon"
"By far the best Pumpkin Bread I have ever made!!!!"
"Tasty and very moist. The whole office loved it! The only downside is how much it makes. Next time I'll be cutting the recipe in half."
"Very tasty bread. Made it today to share with a group of ladies tomorrow, and I know they'll like it."