- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, cloves and allspice; add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Bread
Sort By :
Tasty and very moist. The whole office loved it! The only downside is how much it makes. Next time I'll be cutting the recipe in half.
Very tasty bread. Made it today to share with a group of ladies tomorrow, and I know they'll like it.
Very tasty loaf. The spices are just right and add a very nice flavour to the loaf. It is moist and has a nice texture for slicing. I added raisins and pecans which really complimented the already tasty loaf.
This is delicious bread. I did not change a thing and am lucky I froze one loaf. Otherwise, that would be gone, too. Next time I might add some toasted chopped pecans or walnuts.
i usually make banana bread for christmas to give out to family & co workers. i was looking for something different when i came across this recipe & decided to try it. i have never rcv'd so many compliments before. several ppl asked for the recipe & i directed them here. it is so moist, it's unreal. definitely a keeper.