- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, cloves and allspice; add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Bread(27)
Sort By :
Very tasty bread. Made it today to share with a group of ladies tomorrow, and I know they'll like it.
Very tasty loaf. The spices are just right and add a very nice flavour to the loaf. It is moist and has a nice texture for slicing. I added raisins and pecans which really complimented the already tasty loaf.
This is delicious bread. I did not change a thing and am lucky I froze one loaf. Otherwise, that would be gone, too. Next time I might add some toasted chopped pecans or walnuts.
i usually make banana bread for christmas to give out to family & co workers. i was looking for something different when i came across this recipe & decided to try it. i have never rcv'd so many compliments before. several ppl asked for the recipe & i directed them here. it is so moist, it's unreal. definitely a keeper.
this was a hit with my family. they said it was a keeper