Pumpkin Pecan Loaves Recipe
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- CARAMEL GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined; fold in the pecans.
- Spoon into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine the butter, sugars and cream in a saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cooled loaves. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pecan Loaves(11)
Sort By :
I need to ask a question and cannot find where to do that. I make this and get raves but would like to put it in small loaf pans as gifts...How many would this make and how long do I approximatelly cook?
I found mine took a full 10 minutes longer to test done and I did have some problem with them wanting to stick but the flavor & texture is really good. Next time I won't make as much glaze. You could have done 6 loaves with the amount it makes.
Rated on taste, I would give these a five but I had to cook mine a full 10 minutes longer to be done and the glaze makes way more than necessary. You could easily do 6 loaves with the amount it makes. I will cut that back next time.
I make these loaves every year during the fall season and they fill the house with warm, pumpkin-y goodness.