Pumpkin Pecan Loaves Recipe
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- CARAMEL GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined; fold in the pecans.
- Spoon into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine the butter, sugars and cream in a saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cooled loaves. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pecan Loaves(10)
Sort By :
I found mine took a full 10 minutes longer to test done and I did have some problem with them wanting to stick but the flavor & texture is really good. Next time I won't make as much glaze. You could have done 6 loaves with the amount it makes.
Rated on taste, I would give these a five but I had to cook mine a full 10 minutes longer to be done and the glaze makes way more than necessary. You could easily do 6 loaves with the amount it makes. I will cut that back next time.
I make these loaves every year during the fall season and they fill the house with warm, pumpkin-y goodness.
I have made this recipe over and over since I first saw it in our magazine. It is moist and delicious both with he caramel icing and without. You will not regret making this awesome loaf to share around your table :) guaranteed!!!!!