"When we bake these layered squares, our kitchen smells wonderful," writes Ruth Chiarenzsa from her home in La Vale, Maryland. "They are favorites during the fall season, and they make a great finish to any meal. As a matter of fact, they never last for very long in our house!"
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the pumpkin pie filling, milk and eggs; pour over crust.
- For topping, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over pumpkin layer.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Dessert in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p39
Reviews for Pumpkin Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review