- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Cookies
"These are delicious and moist. They also freeze very well. I put them in sandwich bags and then in a freezer bag. Perfect!"
"A favorite recipe to keep and share with friends and neighbors. The flavors are so delicious. And the chocolate gives it that extra delicious mix. I often use mini chocolate chips. I also had to bake longer than suggested."
"Love pumpkin & these hit the spot. It doesn't hurt that they also include chocolate."
"these were really good cookies! I really like them. just a little tip, i had to cook them for 4 more minutes then the recipe tells, they get cooked a lot better"
"too cake like very soft and not enough pumpkin taste"