- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) chili sauce
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Add water if desired to reduce thickness. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 11 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chili
Sort By :
"I made this for a little church chili cook off and won first prize I used regular kidney beans and sweet chili sauce also added brown sugar and paired it with pumpkin corn bread. Its a real winner."
"YUM! What a fun and different take on chili. Didn't know how my husband would react to a sweeter version of one of his favorite meals. He LOVED it. Great autumn recipe...i plan to make this fall. Score!"
"My family thought it tasted like a manwhich. We're putting the leftovers on hamburger buns."
"The sweetness reminds me of a Cincinnati chili."
"I tried out this recipe for an autumn themed dinner. Everyone loved it!"